Hull Lifesaving Museum seeks a passionate, energetic and highly skilled Executive Director to lead the organization into its next phase. HLM has a 36 year record of creating and operating high-quality maritime programming, including historical, educational and social services, based on the legacy of Joshua James and the Point Allerton Lifesaving Station – focusing on the attributes of skills, courage and caring. Current programs include on-the-water youth and adult rowing/educational programs, an intensive case management, educational and job training program for adjudicated youth, and an active collection and exhibits at the museum itself. Programs take place in both Hull and Boston.
- Provide leadership, inspiration, and focus for the organization as a whole.
- Work with Board members to create support for the organization in the community.
- Expand Board membership to increase community support.
- Oversee five senior staff who lead the three core programs, development and finance/administration.
- Manage the organization’s budget.
- Act as primary spokesperson for organization.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships related to programs.
- Evaluate program’s accomplishments based on results-driven targets.
Skills and Attributes:
- Minimum of 10 years results-driven leadership and management experience, particularly in the non-profit sector. Experience in a maritime-related field a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in consensus and community-building initiatives.
- Successful experience working with and building an active, engaged board of directors.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Well-developed understanding of the use and value of technology in non-profit operations.
Resumes and cover letters describing relevant skills and attributes by 5/20 to Sue Heilman, Interim Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org
Independence Seaport Museum
Vice President of Strategic Initiatives
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Vice President of Strategic Initiatives will oversee the Development and Marketing Departments, currently including 5 full-time and 1 part-time professionals, to achieve the Museum’s goals. He/She will be deeply involved in conceiving and shaping the Museum’s future.
The Vice President of Strategic Initiatives will work closely with senior staff and Board leaders on annual and capital campaign related activities, and enhancing institutional identity. He/she will help to present the Museum, its mission and new direction to its various publics.
The Vice President of Strategic Initiatives will be the organization’s major gift officer, working with the CEO and campaign consultant to strategize and secure the largest annual gifts and gifts/pledges for the capital campaign. He/She will utilize all the organization’s existing exhibitions, programs, events, and relationships as fundraising opportunities, and he/she will propose additional opportunities for cultivation and stewardship of donors, media and civic leaders and partners.
For more information
Courtesy Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum
The Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum (CBMM), St. Michaels, Maryland, has started their search for a new president. “The mission of the CBMM is to preserve and explore the history, environment and people of the Chesapeake Bay. The museum’s collection of historic Chesapeake Bay watercraft is the largest in existence and its small boat collection includes crabbing skiffs, workboats, and log canoes. The Museum’s working boatyard highlights restoration of the Bay’s traditional vessels.”
For full announcement – ByalaSearch — CBMM President Position Specification
The Historic American Engineering Record (HAER) and the Council of American Maritime Museums (CAMM) are pleased to announce the Maritime Documentation Internship. The internship will permit a student or recent graduate of architecture or history, interested in maritime preservation, to work as a summer intern on a HAER maritime documentation project.
For more information see 2014 Maritime Documentation Internship notice
Executive Director Sought
The Herreshoff Marine Museum seeks an Executive Director. Click on link for details.