Bob Desh is retiring at the end of the year so Door County Maritime Museum is seeking a new dynamic, passionate and highly skilled Executive Director to lead the organization into its exciting future. Dedicated to the preservation and celebration of the maritime history and heritage of the Great Lakes with a focus on Wisconsin’s Door Peninsula, the Museum includes a 20,000 square foot flagship facility in Sturgeon Bay, the museum tug John Purves, the historic Cana Island Lighthouse, and a smaller seasonal museum in Gills Rock near the shores of the famous Port des Morts (“Death’s Door”) passage at the Peninsula’s northern tip.
- Provide leadership, inspiration, and focus for the organization as a whole.
- Work with the Board of Directors to create support for the organization in the community.
- Manage the organization’s budget.
- Oversee the senior staff responsible for core programs including development, marketing, finance, and administration.
- Act as primary spokesperson for organization.
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships.
- Evaluate program accomplishments based on results-driven targets.
Skills and Attributes:
- Results-driven leadership and management experience, particularly in the non-profit sector. Experience in a maritime-related field a plus.
- Proven success in building consensus among diverse constituencies.
- Demonstrated skills in community-building initiatives.
- Successful experience working with and building an active, engaged board of directors.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Well-developed understanding of the use and value of technology in non-profit operations.
Complete job description provided upon request. To apply, send resume and cover letter describing relevant skills and attributes by September 22, 2014 to:
Door County Maritime Museum
120 N. Madison Ave.
Sturgeon Bay, WI 54235
Or by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org