The DCMM, founded in 1969, is a well-known Door County Wisconsin destination with museum sites in Sturgeon Bay, Cana Island, and Gills Rock. An overview of responsibilities and requirements include but are not limited to:
Management of Staff and Oversight of All Museum Locations
- Provide leadership to a staff of thirty full and part-time employees
- Train and coach employees to support and preserve the culture, values and ethics of the organization.
- Manage day-to-day functioning of the employee group working toward the achievement of goals and objectives of the museum. Maintain accountability toward that end.
- Oversee the curation of exhibits, events and operations on a day-to-day basis.
- Oversee the maintenance and functioning of all museum sites.
Board of Directors Initiatives, Plans and Programs
- Provide input to the short and long-range goals of the museum.
- Regularly meet with members and committees of the Board to report on progress toward meeting goals and objectives. Participate in annual, regularly-scheduled and other meetings as needed.
- Apprise them of need-to-know information and circumstances as it pertains to the management of staff and resources of the museum.
- Operationalize projects, decisions and plans made at the Board level.
- Manage the financial resources of the museum including contributing to the development of the annual budget and being accountable for adhering to the budget.
Serve as Community Liaison for the Museum
- Meet with donors and community members for the purpose of maintaining exemplary relationships in the Door County community.
- Attend meetings, community and museum-sponsored events.
- Serve as the staff face of the museum to promote DCMM programs, initiatives and events.
Required Experience and Education
- An advanced degree or equivalent work experience in business management, non-profit management, museum studies and/or historic preservation.
- Proven track record in human resource management, meeting strategic goals and objectives and program management.
- Knowledge of maritime history, the maritime transportation systems/industry and the military sea service would be a plus.
Required Skills – Abbreviated List of High Priority Competencies
- Success and experience in effectively leading and working as part of a team.
- Good verbal, written, networking and interpersonal communication skills. Skill as a professional communicator for community and leadership purposes.
- Exemplary organizing and planning skills
- Sound analytical, thinking and problem solving skills including those pertaining to financial management.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Apply by August 24, 2018 with resume and cover letter to Crowley & Lautenbach, PO Box 112, Green Bay, WI 54305-0112 or email to email@example.com