Hello CAMM Members and Friends,
Please consider submitting a paper proposal for the 2019 CAMM Annual Conference this April 24-26, 2019 in Manitowoc, Wisconsin, located on beautiful Lake Michigan between the port cities of Milwaukee and Green Bay. Join us in helping our host this year, the Wisconsin Maritime Museum, celebrate its 50th anniversary of the museum, and the 75th anniversary of the commissioning of the USS Cobia, the WWII submarine at the center of the museum’s collection. Together with our conference committee, Wisconsin Maritime Museum is putting together a fantastic event – packed with opportunities to learn from our peers and experience the rich maritime history of Wisconsin and the Great Lakes.
Click here to download the 2019 CAMM Conference Proposal Form. Please save the form and email to Cathy Green, CAMM Administrator, at: email@example.com , or print and mail or fax the form to her attention at: 75 Maritime Drive, Manitowoc, Wisconsin 54220 (fax 920-684-0219)
Deadline for submission is December 3, 2018. You will receive a response from the program committee no later than December 15, 2018.
Themes and topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Navigating Change in the 21st Century – Maritime Museums of Today and Tomorrow
- New Exhibitions, New Research, New History
- Education & Programs
- Collections and Curatorial Management
- New Technologies – Digital Interactives, Social Media, Marketing, Data Capture
- Governance – Engaging Boards, Staff, Volunteers, and Stakeholders
- Failure Studies & Lessons Learned – Panelists to Continue the Conversation
- Accessibility, Inclusive Programming, and Diversity in Museums
- Great Lakes specific topics
REGISTRATION: Will open January 2019
EVENTS: In addition to conference sessions held at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum, all tours and special events are included with full conference registration, including:
- Tuesday evening reception at the museum’s rooftop beer garden
- Wednesday afternoon tour of local ship yard, Burger Boat
- Thursday USS Cobia and behind the scenes museum tours
- Friday evening banquet
- Saturday optional Door County maritime landscape bus tour (lighthouses, museums, shipyards!)
Please visit the CAMM Conference Webpage for more information including lodging and travel options.
We hope to see you in Manitowoc, Wisconsin this spring.