Excerpted from USA Job Announcement for: Staff Curator (Museum Management)
For full details and application information: https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/514642100
Note open dates only 10/25/18 to 10/29/18 (Today!)
GS-11, full-time, permanent position, located in Washington DC
You will serve as the Collection Data Manager in the Curator Branch of NAVAL HISTORY AND HERITAGE COMMAND. Curator Branch manages the headquarters historic artifact collection and the Command-wide collections management database, EMu. Curator Branch establishes the Command-wide standards for data entry and use of the database.
- You will be responsible for the maintenance and management of the collections data stored in Department of the Navy Heritage Asset Management System/Department of the Navy Collections Management System (DONCOMS).
- You will ensure that all registry settings are correctly functioning, standardized data fields are established, and work with stakeholders to identify data standardization and user training requirements.
- You will serve as the staff expert in the use of the collections management database, working closely with the IT staff responsible for the technical maintenance of the system.
- You will assist the Registrar with artifact inventories, ensuring that all procedures maximize the capabilities of DONCOMS.
- You will be responsible for reviewing data to be imported into the collection management database and successfully completing those imports.
- You will provide training for users appropriate to their user group permissions.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.