CAMM 2019 ANNUAL CONFERENCE PROGRAM AND REGISTRATION FORM NOW AVAILABLE. Information below or on the CAMM Annual Conference page.
DATES: April 24-26, 2019
LOCATION: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
CONFERENCE PROGRAM: CAMM 2019 Conference Program
REGISTRATION: Please download, fill out, and submit the CAMM Conference registration form Click here for registration form and submit to CAMMTreasury@gmail.com Paypal link available from Registration Form.
- Full conference registration is $199 and includes all conference session, lunches, receptions, and banquet.
- Daily rates available for one day attendance (see registration form).
- Spouse/guest registration for social events only (no sessions) is $125.
- Optional Door County maritime landscape tour is $40
Registration Deadline is April 15, 2019.
EVENTS: In addition to conference sessions held at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum, all tours and special events are included with full conference registration, including:
- Wednesday afternoon tours of USS Cobia
- Wednesday evening reception at Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center
- Thursday evening SubPub roof deck reception Wisconsin Maritime Museum.
- Friday evening banquet in Sepia Chapel Two Rivers
OPTIONAL SATURDAY TOUR: Saturday optional Door County maritime landscape bus tour (featuring the Door County Maritime Museum). 9:00am-3:30pm. $40 per person. Includes:
- Round trip bus ride from Wisconsin Maritime Museum (Manitowoc) to the Door County Maritime Museum (Sturgeon Bay) – Includes en route narration by Wisconsin Historical Society Maritime Archaeologist Tamara Thomsen.
- Tour of the Door County Maritime Museum, led by DCMM staff, including the exhibits The Water Defines Us: DCMM@50 and Shipwrecks of Door County, and gallery lecture by Larry Herbst of the Sturgeon Bay Model Shop (tent.).
- Lunch at the Door County Fire Company restaurant, including a presentation from the creative team behind the musical Windjammers, inspired by tales and tunes of 19th century Great Lakes sailors; courtesy of Northern Sky Theater.
- Drive past Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding – Tracing its history back to 1918, Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding is an industry leader in the construction and repair of large ships and is a highlight of the working waterfront of Sturgeon Bay.
LODGING: Blocks of rooms and special rates have been established at the following hotels. Please reference “CAMM Conference” when booking rooms:
- Baymont by Wyndham Manitowoc Lakefront
101 Maritime Drive, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Phone: 920-482-2097 (adjacent to the museum)
$89 a night – includes continental breakfast
- Holiday Inn Manitowoc
4601 Calumet Avenue, Manitowoc
Phone: 920-682-6000 (3 miles from museum)
$119 a night – includes full breakfast at hotel restaurant
- Click here for more Manitowoc/Two Rivers lodging options
Tourism & Transportation: Manitowoc is located 30 minutes south of Green Bay and 1 1/2 hours north of Milwaukee, Wisconsin easily accessible by international airports in both cities. Rental cars and shuttles are available from both airports.
LEONARD RENNIE PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL GRANTS: Will be available for 2019 CAMM Conference. CAMM offers grants in support of professional development (including attendance at the CAMM Conference) for staff of member museums. Grants for 50% of total cost of travel, registration and lodging are available up to $750. Monies are limited so apply early. Download application: