Apply at: usajobs.gov
Open & closing dates
09/11/2019 to 09/18/2019
Pay scale & grade
$83,398 to $108,422 per year
Washington Navy Yard, DC
You will serve as the Registrar for the Curator Branch of the Naval History and Heritage Command (NHHC), managing the artifact acquisitions, loan program, and collection management databases for the Branch; engaging internal and external stakeholders in procedures for donating and borrowing artifacts; guiding the Registration Section staff through best practices for artifact cataloging, storage, and display; assisting with artifact inventories and rectification of registration issues.
- You will ensure the accuracy of the Curator Branch data in the collections management database.
- You will oversee the artifact loan program.
- You will oversee the artifact acquisition program.
- You will provide technical and professional assistance to the NHHC enterprise museums.
- You will provide accurate and timely reference services related to the historic artifact collection.
- You will guide the Registration Section staff through best practices for artifact cataloging, storage, and display.
- You will assist with artifact inventories and rectification of registration issues.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.