Joining us for National Maritime Day? Help us get the word out!
On Friday, May 22, no later than 1:00 p.m. EDT, use the hashtag #NationalMaritimeDay on your social media posts to join the conversation. National Maritime Day is an opportunity to thank our nation’s maritime industry and commemorate merchant mariners lost in war, while creating a broader awareness of nation’s waterborne transportation system and its workers.
Not sure what to post? We have some ideas below!
- Tweet a photo or video of U.S. merchant mariners, cadets and midshipmen, or maritime industry workers
- Tweet a photo or video that highlights the U.S. maritime industry (i.e. small shipyards, ports, inland waterways)
- Retweet industry posts (i.e. shipyards, ports, U.S.-flag carriers etc.)
- Retweet Maritime Administration (MARAD) posts from @DOTMARAD
- Tweet a photo of YOU (and your brother, aunt, neighbor…) holding a sign with the hashtag #NationalMaritimeDay
And remember to join us for the National Maritime Day ceremony this Friday, May 22 at 10:30 A.M. at YouTube.com/c/MaritimeAdministration1950