Beginning Memorial Day weekend, we are happy to welcome visitors to our campus! The Museum Store will be open Monday through Saturday 10am to 5pm and Sunday noon to 5pm. For those wishing to visit the rest of the museum, we will offer guided walking tours and family field trips. Tours will be available 7 days a week, pre-registration is encouraged. We will accept same-day reservations and walk-ins, subject to availability. Tours are $25 per household, up to 10 people. Book your tour today. Standard Walking Tours
- Tours last around 45 minutes.
- Staff-led tours make 7 stops outside buildings throughout the museum campus plus allow time for participants to explore our boat barns and the “Gone Fishing” exhibit.
- All ages are welcome and child-friendly tours are available.
- Tours explore the history of Maine through specific stories relating to Searsport and Penobscot Bay.
Family Field Trips
- Tours last up to 60 minutes.
- Each child receives a kit with everything they will need for their visit.
- A fun way to learn about life at sea, Maine boats, and Maine fisheries, activity topics include signal flags, boat bingo, compasses, and more!
- PMM staff will guide your family through your visit including activity instruction and time to explore the boat barns and the “Gone Fishing” exhibit.
- Ideal for ages 6-12, all ages are welcome.
- Family field trips are available through the end of June and are made possible in part by the National Endowment for the Humanities: Exploring the human endeavor.
Planning your summer’s travels? Book your tour today. For more information on tours, please contact Jeana Ganskop at email@example.com. Starting July 1st, we will begin offering self-guided museum visits. For more information please visit our website.