2018 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
DATES: April 4-6, 2018
HOST: National Museum of Bermuda
CALL FOR PAPERS: Click here to download the Call for Papers form. Please save the form and email to Marifrances Trivelli, CAMM Program Chair, at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or print and fax the form to her attention at (310) 832-6537. Deadline for submission is December 2, 2017. You will receive a response from the program committee no later than December 15, 2017.
Themes and topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Disaster planning
- Sea level change and its impact on maritime institutions
- Collections management
- Board interface
- Maritime trades
- Bermuda specific topics
- The changing nature/roles of museums in society (technology, how to attract people, sustainability in digital times)
REGISTRATION: Registration information will be on this page later in October.
EVENTS: In addition to conference sessions held at Bermuda College, tours and special events included with full conference registration:
- Tour of the National Museum of Bermuda followed by reception
- Tour of the Spirit of Bermuda, The Bermuda Sloop Foundation
- Dinner at the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club: Cocktail reception featuring local cocktails on the private terrace overlooking Hamilton Harbor followed by dinner in the Club
LODGING: The conference hotel is the Coco Reef Bermuda Hotel. The CAMM room rates for hotel: Oceanview ($229 per night) or Beachfront ($259) plus 11.75% Government tax, Resort Levy $12.00 per person and Service Charge of $11.00 per person. A two night deposit of time of booking is required.
LEONARD RENNIE PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL GRANTS: CAMM offers grants in support of professional development (including attendance at the CAMM Conference) for staff of member museums. Grants for 50% of total cost of travel, registration and lodging are available up to $750. Monies are limited so apply early. Download application:
2017 Annual Conference
Images from the 2017 Conference in San Francisco, California. Images contributed by CAMM members and the staff of the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park. Thank you!