2019 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
DATES: April 24-26, 2019
LOCATION: Manitowoc, Wisconsin
CONFERENCE PROGRAM: 2019 CAMM Conference Program
REGISTRATION: Please download, fill out, and submit the CAMM Conference registration form (link) and submit to CAMMTreasury@gmail.com Paypal link available from Registration Form.
- Full conference registration is $199 and includes all conference session, lunches, receptions, and banquet.
- Daily rates available for one day attendance (see registration form).
- Spouse/guest registration for social events only (no sessions) is $125.
- Optional Door County maritime landscape tour is $40
Registration Deadline is April 15, 2019. SEATS STILL AVAILABLE FOR SATURDAY DOOR COUNTY BUS TOUR. Contact Cathy Green for details.
SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES: If you are a business or organization who would like to reach a targeted group of museum professionals and decision makers, Click here for sponsor and exhibitor information. Or contact Cathy Green
EVENTS: In addition to conference sessions held at the Wisconsin Maritime Museum, all tours and special events are included with full conference registration, including:
- Wednesday afternoon tours of USS Cobia
- Wednesday evening reception at Farm Wisconsin Discovery Center
- Thursday evening SubPub roof deck reception Wisconsin Maritime Museum.
- Friday evening banquet in Sepia Chapel Two Rivers
OPTIONAL SATURDAY TOUR: Saturday optional Door County maritime landscape bus tour (featuring the Door County Maritime Museum). 9:00am-3:30pm. $40 per person. SEATS STILL AVAILABLE Includes:
- Round trip bus ride from Wisconsin Maritime Museum (Manitowoc) to the Door County Maritime Museum (Sturgeon Bay) – Includes en route narration by Wisconsin Historical Society Maritime Archaeologist Tamara Thomsen.
- Tour of the Door County Maritime Museum, led by DCMM staff, including the exhibits The Water Defines Us: DCMM@50 and Shipwrecks of Door County, and gallery lecture by Larry Herbst of the Sturgeon Bay Model Shop (tent.).
- Lunch at the Door County Fire Company restaurant, including a presentation from the creative team behind the musical Windjammers, inspired by tales and tunes of 19th century Great Lakes sailors; courtesy of Northern Sky Theater.
- Drive past Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding – Tracing its history back to 1918, Fincantieri Bay Shipbuilding is an industry leader in the construction and repair of large ships and is a highlight of the working waterfront of Sturgeon Bay.
LODGING: Blocks of rooms and special rates have been established at the following hotels. Please reference “CAMM Conference” when booking rooms. Blocks of rooms are only held until March 24. Please make your reservations before that date.
- Baymont by Wyndham Manitowoc Lakefront
101 Maritime Drive, Manitowoc, Wisconsin
Phone: 920-482-2097 (adjacent to the museum)
$89 a night – includes continental breakfast
- Holiday Inn Manitowoc
4601 Calumet Avenue, Manitowoc
Phone: 920-682-6000 (3 miles from museum)
$119 a night – includes full breakfast at hotel restaurant
- Click here for more Manitowoc/Two Rivers lodging options
Tourism & Transportation: Manitowoc is located 30 minutes south of Green Bay and 1 1/2 hours north of Milwaukee, Wisconsin easily accessible by international airports in both cities. There are many rental car and airport shuttle options from Milwaukee and Green Bay airports.
LEONARD RENNIE PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL GRANTS: Will be available for 2019 CAMM Conference. CAMM offers grants in support of professional development (including attendance at the CAMM Conference) for staff of member museums. Grants for 50% of total cost of travel, registration and lodging are available up to $750. Monies are limited so apply early. Download application:
2018 Annual Conference
Images from the 2018 Conference in Bermuda. Images contributed by CAMM members and the staff of the National Museum of Bermuda. Thank you!