The 2021 CAMM ANNUAL CONFERENCE:
The 2021 CAMM annual conference will take place April 26-28, 2021 with the Vancouver Maritime Museum in Vancouver, British Columbia. Details will follow as soon as possible.
Call for Conference Presentation Proposals
The Conference Committee has opened a period for proposal applications. The downloadable application form is here. Please complete the document (in Word format) and submit it to the Committee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As you are preparing your proposal for the 2021 CAMM conference, please keep in mind the following information. All proposals must fit into the overall conference theme or one of the sub-themes/topics. This year’s overall theme is one that CAMM believes very important to discuss: Inclusion, Diversity, Equity: Maritime Museums as centers for dialogue
The sub-themes or topics are:
- Working with BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color), and other underrepresented communities
- Collections (de-accessioning/collecting for the future)
- Preparing for and surviving the unexpected: How museums continue to adapt during the pandemic. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Virtual programming
- Museum protocols
- Organizational issues, such as operating remotely
- Fundraising during a pandemic
- COVID collecting
- Using museum spaces creatively
If you submitted a proposal for the 2020 conference and your proposal was accepted, you must resubmit that proposal. All accepted proposals from the 2020 conference will be automatically re-accepted. That being said, please consider submitting a new proposal, especially in consideration of the emerging needs of maritime museums. There will be plenty of space in the 2021 program for new proposals.
All proposals (including re-submissions) are due by Friday, December 4th, 2020.
2019 CAMM Annual Conference
The 2019 CAMM Annual conference was held April 24-26, 2019 in Manitowoc, Wisconsin hosted by the Wisconsin Maritime Museum. Images were provided by CAMM Members. Thank you.