2018 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
DATES: April 4-6, 2018
HOST: National Museum of Bermuda
CONFERENCE SCHEDULE: Early conference registration is Tuesday, April 3, 2018 5-6pm Coco Reef Hotel. Registration begins 8am at Bermuda College (outside North Hall), Wednesday, April 4. All conference sessions, tours, and social events will take place April 4-6, with the closing dinner Friday evening. A full schedule listing of presentations, tours and events is in the Conference Program. An optional tour of St. Georges will take place Saturday, April 7 (sign up on registration form).
Download the Conference Program Note, schedule is subject to change.
Conference attendees who are not among the scheduled speakers may request a five-minute time slot (no slides) during the “CAMM Institution Updates” portion of the program, Thursday, April 5, between 3:10pm and 4:00 pm. Contact the program chair, Marifrances Trivelli to reserve your space. There is room on the program for a total of 10 updates.
REGISTRATION: NOW OPEN
Full Conference registration: $199
One day registration: $110 available Wed, Thurs, & Fri
Spouse/Guest registration: $125 (social events only)
Spouse/Guest Friday dinner only: $75
Please download, fill out and save the below PDF form and email to: CAMMTreasury@gmail.com. There are several payment options available, including PayPal, credit card, and check.
Click here for a PDF registration form.
EVENTS: In addition to conference Wednesday-Friday program sessions held at Bermuda College, tours and special events included with full conference registration:
- Wednesday: Hamilton Harbor Tour aboard the Bermuda Reef Explorer ending at the National Museum of Bermuda with a tour conducted by Dr. Edward Harris & Elena Strong. Explore 500 years of local history and culture in Bermuda’s largest fort. Commissioners House reception to follow tour.
- Friday: Tour of the Spirit of Bermuda, a purpose-built sail training vessel. Find out about the ship and the youth development programs, The Bermuda Sloop Foundation
- Friday Banquet Dinner at the Royal Bermuda Yacht Club: Cocktail reception featuring local cocktails on the private terrace overlooking Hamilton Harbor followed by dinner in the Club
- Saturday, April 7th – Optional Guided Walking Tour of St. Georges led by the Bermuda National Trust. Participants must arrange own transportation to St. Georges (See links below).
- Go To Bermuda (official Bermuda Tourism website)
- Ferry service:
- Bus service:
Twizy electric vehicle rentals:
Elbow Beach Cycles – scooter rental (recommended for experienced riders)
LODGING: The conference hotel is the Coco Reef Bermuda Hotel. The CAMM Conference block of rooms is fully booked. To check for room availability, Call direct: (441)236-5416 or check online at: www.cocoreefbermuda.com.
LEONARD RENNIE PROFESSIONAL TRAVEL GRANTS: CAMM offers grants in support of professional development (including attendance at the CAMM Conference) for staff of member museums. Grants for 50% of total cost of travel, registration and lodging are available up to $750. Monies are limited so apply early. Download application:
2017 Annual Conference
Images from the 2017 Conference in San Francisco, California. Images contributed by CAMM members and the staff of the San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park. Thank you!